History of Broadway Alliance Church
In 1929 an impassioned group of people from East McKeesport heeded the call of God to reach their community with the gospel of Jesus Christ. They began to meet for prayer and Bible study in different homes. Soon their vision was grasped by others and the fellowship began to grow.
In 1930 a site for a permanent location was found, and the congregation set the cornerstone for their first church building.
This fellowship first emerged as a Gospel Mission, but in 1932 the group joined the movement of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, and with this came the congregation's status as an organized church.
In the years that followed, the church saw many skilled and gifted men of God lead it through some of its most fruitful years. World events such as the Great Depression and the entrance of the United States into another World War were met with challenge and unity as the congregation continued to grow.
In 1983, a new church building was completed in North Versailles, and on October 23, 1983, the North Versailles Alliance Church was dedicated to God for His work in the future.
The church continues to grow and to serve the community through ministries like Club ROCK and Vacation Bible School, and special events such as the annual Easter Egg Hunt for the children of the community.
At North Versailles Alliance Church, you will find committed Christians with a passion and zeal for Christ's kingdom. The cornerstone of our church -- Savior, Sanctifier, Healer and Coming King -- is still the essence of the Four-Fold Gospel preached to our community.
The movement of God's Spirit has swept through the North Versailles Alliance Church, establishing the base needed to create the church that God desires. With God's vision in hand, we press on to proclaim the full council of God and to introduce people to their God, thereby fulfilling our vision:
To Know Christ & To Make Christ Known.